COVID-19 Statement from Back Bay Veterinary Clinic
Now, more than ever we are focused on the health and safety of our clients, patients, our team and the community. We are following all the latest updates and changes from the local and federal agencies and adjusting as necessary.
To protect our team and curtail additional public risk, Back Bay Veterinary Clinic requests that any client who is experiencing illness or has come in contact with someone who is positive or suspected positive for the Corona Virus reschedule their appointment or reach out for our guidance. We have minimized human interaction, are not allowing clients into the building and are following CDC guidelines inside our hospital.
We have heightened our already stringent practices around sanitation, disinfection, and cleaning, plus specific measures based on the guidance of local health authorities. Our team has been reduced to avoid staff exposure so that we may continue to be here to support our patients and their families.
Thank you for your patience, cooperation, and understanding as we navigate these uncharted waters together.
The Team at Back Bay Veterinary Clinic
Until Further Notice, Back Bay Veterinary Clinic will not be permitting any clients to enter the building.
We’re excited to be resuming all services May 4th, while continuing to practice the safety measures we’ve been following to protect out our team, our patients and their families.
When you are close to or arriving at our door, please call or text us at 617-247-2273 to let us know you are here.
- A team member will come down to accept your pet. When you see them coming, please put your dog inside the vestibule(between the two doors) and remove their leash. We will carry smaller dogs snuggled up in a towel and larger dogs will be leashed with in hospital leads. Cat carriers will be placed in between the double doors.
- Do not come inside the building.
- The team will contact you three times 1st to obtain a history, 2nd to discuss findings and treatment plan recommendations, and 3rd to summarize the visit and collect payment.
- At the end of the appointment, a technician will return your pet to the vestibule between the doors and they will be ready to go.
- For any additional questions you might have, we ask that you to call us (617) 247-2273.
For Surgery Drop-offs/Pick-ups:
- Please alert us when you arrive. The doctor will come down to accept your pet, who may be placed in between the double doors when you see us.
- Leashes should be removed off dogs and cats left inside their carriers
- The surgery team will contact you once the procedure is completed, review discharge instructions and coordinate a pick-up time for your pet. Payment will be collected over the phone.
- Please call our office at (617) 247-2273 when you arrive to pick up your pet and a technician will come down and return them safely, answering any questions by phone.
For Medication/Food Refills:
- Hospital dispensed medications may be requested via email email@example.com, Pet Desk App, text or phone to (617) 247-2273
- Our online pharmacy Covetrus can be found here https://backbayvet.vetsfirstchoice.com/.
- A technician will call you when your pet’s prescription is ready for pick up and will collect payment over the phone.
- Please call or text our office at (617) 247-2273 when you are close to or arriving to pick up the medication and we will place it inside the double doors in a basket.
Telemedicine Virtual Visits
We are limiting our telemedicine platform to help those who are unable to come to the hospital because of COVID-19. If we need to see your pet at the clinic for additional diagnostics, care, or medications, it may be necessary for you to find someone who is not as vulnerable to come to the clinic.
Our telemedicine platform and instructions may be found here.