Spay and Neuter For Dogs and Cats in Boston, MA
Puppies and kittens need a lot of care upfront to give them the best start in life, and this includes spay and neuter surgeries for dogs and cats. Spaying and neutering are the best solutions for pet overpopulation. Reducing overpopulation eases the burden placed on animal shelters and prevents more dogs and cats from being euthanized. At Back Bay Veterinary Clinic, we want our community to be a haven for pets and to see more animals in loving homes. Spay and neuter procedures are the most humane way to make this possible. Call us at (617) 247-2273 to schedule a spay & neuter surgery.
The Benefits of Spaying and Neutering Dogs and Cats in Boston
Preventing unwanted pregnancies that would likely contribute to pet overpopulation and crowded shelters is a major benefit of spays and neuters, but there’s more to consider.
Dog and Cat Spaying:
- Prevents females from going into heat and spotting all over the house
- Makes females less likely to go off and roam in search of a mate
- Reduces the risk of breast cancer
- Prevents ovarian and uterine cancers
- Prevents pyometra, an infection of the uterus
Dog and Cat Neutering:
- Can reduce aggression in males
- Makes males less likely to escape the house and go in search of a mate
- Reduces the risk of prostate cancer
- Prevents testicular cancer
- Makes males less likely to engage in spraying/marking and mounting behaviors
What are the Risks of Having My Pet Spayed or Neutered?
Surgery can be risky for even the healthiest of pets, just as it can be risky for humans. We place strong emphasis on safety and pain control, and regularly follow up with our patients to make sure they’re doing well at home. We’re devoted to giving your pet the love and attention they need to feel at ease while also keeping a close eye on their health and vital signs.
Contact us today if you have any questions or concerns about your pet pre- or post-surgery.